Neighbors and Visitors
Actions to take for neighbors and visitors
It is important that everyone gets involved and gives their support from your community and home.
Trash or solid waste
- Separate the trash into organic waste (that which rots) and inorganic waste (that which will not deteriorate).
- Organize and participate in clean up days in the urban areas, highways, coffee plantations, beaches, and public areas.
- Leave the trash in your pockets until it can be deposited in adequate containers and do not throw it out of cars in movement.
- Report illegal dumps and support their closure.
- Support the treatment of sewage waters, by paying for public sanitation services.
- Do not throw oils and grease in the drainages. In their place put fat traps.
- Place wetlands or banana circles in the outlets of the dirty water from the wash sinks where there is no drainage.
- Do not wash clothes on the lake shore or contaminate its waters with Detergents. Use the wash sinks or community wash fountains instead.